Monday, March 06, 2006

It all starts with Steven and an innocent comment in a broadcast email to friends "anyone fancy a boat...."

Stage 1: Ignore
Stage 2: What if ..
Stage 3: Ask Steven for more info..... the slippery path...

Steven sends me this photo - He's luring me in...... It floats, it's wooden, it's free, it's a challenge.

Where would I put it? What sort of work is involved?

I know, I'll phone my friend John Amson - He's got a boat and might know what to do - Always a pleasure to speak with John and he leaves me with a warm feeling that if I can get a hardstanding at a harbour then it might be not just a DIY superchallenge but a chance to meet likeminded people and have some fun.... Decision taken....

Steven sets the date for Sunday 19th March and I hold my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home